Spectra Internet Usage Acceptance policy
By using Spectra internet services, you agree and accept to these terms and conditions.
You undertake and guarantee that you shall not use the internet service or allow the internet service to be used in any manner as specified below. Spectra reserve the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in the public areas/forums, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that there is a likelihood that it may, including but not limited to:
- Defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of other Users or any third parties.
- Send, knowingly receive, upload, download, or use, publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, abusive, menacing, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- May be offensive, indecent, menacing, nuisance or may cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety.
- Post, transmit or upload files or information that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs or disruptive component that may damage the operation of the internet service and/or a third party’s system, product, device and/or network.
- Submit particulars that you do not have the right or authority to submit under any law or any contractual or fiduciary.
- Violate any copyright, trademark, other applicable Indian or international laws or intellectual property rights of Spectra or any other third party.
- Restricts or inhibits any other User from using or enjoying the Service, including without limitation by means of “hacking” or otherwise with respect to the Service.
- Breaks any law or the conditions of any license or rights of others, or this policy.
- May adversely affect or is likely to affect how the Service is provided to you.
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or Service or to breach security or authentication measures.
- Send or attempt to send unsolicited messages, including without limitation, promotions or advertisements for products or services, “pyramid schemes”, “spam”, “chain mail” or “junk mail”.
- Use or attempt to use the internet service to send altered deceptive or false source identifying information.
- Resell, or attempt to resell, the Service to any third party.
- Use the Service in any manner not permissible in law.
- Not indulge in or allow your equipment to be used for any kind of cyber frauds including credit cards/financial fraud and any activities connected to cybercrime.
- Use the Service in such a manner as to host a web or other server, send or facilitate the sending of bulk e-mail or collect third party personal data without appropriate consent.
- If encryption equipment higher than 40 bits key length are to be deployed, company shall obtain prior written permission of the DOT and deposit the decryption key, split into two parts, with the DOT.
- Customer is prohibited from providing interconnection for provisioning of Internet services to 3rd party through its connectivity (check and match with Clause 13)
- Customer shall not link this connection with PSTN/ISDN/PLMN and follow E.164 numbering which is prohibited in India.
- Voice applications shall be allowed as per the DoT/TRAI directives.
- Customer alone will be liable for any and all legal action by the appropriate regulatory authorities or law enforcement agencies in case of any violation to the above.
Please note that violation of any of the above terms shall lead to criminal prosecution by the government authorities. You confirm and acknowledge that Spectra shall have the right to report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be considered illegal, as well as any information it receives of such illegal conduct. When requested, Spectra will co-operate fully with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the internet using the internet service.
In the event of any misuse of the internet service, immediate action to suspend the service without notice may be carried out and Spectra may institute legal action. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold Spectra, its partners, directors, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, and investors harmless against any and all claims, losses, or liability arising under this section. The foregoing sentence will survive termination or expiration of the terms for any reason